Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DMG: Like a Needle in a Haystack...

Have you ever tried to find a specific rule in the Dungeon Master's Guide in the middle of play when lives depended on it? It's nearly impossible! I spent almost 20 minutes DURING PLAY last weekend trying to find the exact distance one can withraw/fall back from melee. In the end I defaulted to the distance listed in 2nd edition (1/3 movement rate) since I could not find the rule anywhere! This is SOOOO frustrating to me.


However, now that I've encountered this problem again, it's time to re-read the DMG. That's right, the whole damn thing, cover to cover! This time, however, I'm taking notes and saving the notes on my computer so that when this happens again I can at least have a decent index to use to find the information I need. The index in the DMG is a god-awful mess of useless information! Half the terms used in the DMG aren't even listed and most of the info printed in the Player's Handbook doesn't match the rules in the DMG!

Looks like I have my reading list set for the next couple of months at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

D&D Basic: Entering Hommlet

  Well, it has been a while since I've published anything on this blog. To be honest, I've been dabbling in D&D 5e and trying to...