Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Dice are Trying to Kill Them

We've been switching editions for over a year now, and in all this time one thing has become abundantly clear: No matter the game, the dice have it in for my players!

Now, as the title of my blog suggests, I've been a victim of Murphy's Law for as long as I can remember. It's been the one constant in my life. However, it now appears that when I DM adventures for other people, the dice become maliciously evil and decide to roll critical hits (natural 20s), and just screw with the players. I've switched out sets of dice with the same effect every week. The problem seems to have infected the player's dice as well. The other week one player rolled three consecutive 1's on different dice. Another player has trouble rolling anything in double digits. A third player fails every single saving throw ever rolled. And so it goes, week after week.

This downward spiral of bad luck has to end soon. The players are starting to get aggravated by the karmic suck affecting their dice. I wonder if there's a way to exorcise whatever imp is causing the problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment

B2: Of Monsters and Gygaxian Wisdom

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog, and I apologize. The last six months have been a whirlwind of acti...