Monday, May 2, 2011

Lazy Weekend

This past weekend I spent most of my time in pajama bottoms and t-shirts. I wanted to go outside and do some weeding. I wanted to clean the house. I wanted to finish peeling the wallpaper off the dining room walls. I wanted to re-read the Greyhawk Wars synopsis that's been on my desk. I wanted to go to the bank and Target to do some shopping. So what did I do? Nothing but World of Warcraft all weekend long.

It's sad to say that I'm completely addicted to this game. It gives me satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment in my otherwise ho-hum, completely inane life. It's my sole reason for existence right now. I not only played all weekend, I also had fun doing it and actually got things done in the game. Blizzard has been slowly tweaking the game until it does exactly what I need it to do.

We ran with Trueheart characters on Friday night and actually had fun. I played Allakazam most of the time and got enough rep to actually get to Revered in a couple of factions. Then we switched over to the Northrend toons and I was able to level Clink to 80 pretty quickly. Once Moonwing and Epipheni got to 80 we returned to Stormwind and all got our professions to the max for Northrend so we can start in the Cataclysm areas. This will be my second Leatherworker in these new zones. We were online until around 3:30 am.

Saturday I spent on the Horde characters in the morning and finally got Juju into Outlands. In fact I spent a long time there and made him like 6 levels in one afternoon. I then had to quick get ready to go out for Tom's birthday, but I continued playing when I got home on Saturday night (really late). I think it was close to 4 am when I finally quit - and it was hard to give it up.

Sunday I intended to spend all day doing chores and tidying the place up, but true to form I woke up late and stumbled to the computer. Started off playing some toon and then spent all day playing Allakazam. It was Children's Week so I decided to knock off those quests early. Once that was done I started on some mining and rep with Tol Barad. Bergham joined in and we teamed with Proudmother of Wisdom and Valor. We knocked those quests down quick! I was on a roll and decided to re-vamp the guild bank again. When Bergham logged out I noticed that the Troll quests were active for Stranglethorn, so I started those. It was aggravating since there were so many others doing the same quests. I spent over an hour flying around looking for the end of the quests when Bergham told me to go back to the place I left earlier. Sure enough the questgiver re-appeared and I was able to end the run with the quest for Heroic Zul-Gurub. I then went mining to finish Engineering and got so very far (only 7 points away from max now). But I wasn't done. Even after the others logged out for the night I went to work deconstructing the guild bank. Earlier in the day I had sent money from my other toons to Allakazam in order to purchase the 7th bank tab for 10,000 gold. Once that was done Bergham and I donated some additional money to keep the amounts up, then Bruce had Gwynllian donate some later in the evening.

The guild bank was reorganized with the items split into levels and expansions. There is also a guild and rep tab and a guild leaders tab filled with new mats for the trusted advisors only. I was placing new mats in the old tabs and one of the members was using the guild bank as his own craft supply depot. I don't mind if people use the mats we've stored there, but depleting all the mats to level your craft and then not ever replacing any of the mats is just wrong. To add insult to injury this player always uses the mats up then throws the junk he just made back into the tab, filling the bank up with things that no one else can use or don't sell in the auction house. No matter how many times I've talked to this person about this in the past he continued to do it, then taking items he could not possibly use to give to his other toons who aren't even in the guild! In order to put a stop to this the new tab is only open to those of Trusted Advisor rank or higher. This gives access to only six active members (myself included).

I wanted to be able to store mats for cooking, tailoring, jewelcrafting, blacksmithing, and general volatiles. Hopefully the others will follow suit.

So I went to sleep at 1:30 am last night and I'm working on very little sleep. The good news of Osama Bin Laden being killed last night just topped off the great weekend! It's Monday but it doesn't hurt as much as it has in past weeks. I needed that lazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

B2: Of Monsters and Gygaxian Wisdom

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog, and I apologize. The last six months have been a whirlwind of acti...